I think you’re all really going to love my conversation with the founder of Peak Performance Group and profitability expert, Thor Conklin. He first caught wind of entrepreneurship while caddying for successful businesspeople at the age of 13. Not only did he help them navigate through challenging golf courses, he also asked questions, listened and learned tips on navigating his own businesses down the road. Of course, he didn’t start any at that age, but he credits many foundational elements to that time in his life.
Today, Thor does his best to pay it forward by being the “caddie” for others in their businesses by helping them maneuver around problem areas or obstacles that can stray one off their path to profitability. He challenges his clients (and others) to use accountability as a tool to reach new levels of success (hint: you don’t have to do it alone!).
I love how Thor operates both in his businesses and his life – giving both his time and money to ensure others are moving forward to create maximum results (see special offer below). Be sure to listen to the full episode as he drops some amazing nuggets of knowledge that can help you get out of your own way and take action.
• Being a caddie, and being around business people, what’s the lesson that stands out the most to you?
• Who’s one of the people who’s had the biggest impact on the successful life you live?
• What does it mean to be a senior leader with Tony Robbins, and what kind of exposure did you have to him? What kind of impact has this relationship had on your life?
• Do you have a preparation ritual before you speak to or meet with people?
• Do you feel like the most successful people have some sort of strong morning ritual they start with?
• What are your thoughts when it comes to entrepreneurs regarding profit vs. revenue?
• Do you think we live in a time where people are being overfed knowledge?
• What’s typically the biggest waste you see when you dig into someone’s profitability?
• Do you have any tips to help people stop their limiting mindsets?
• What are your thoughts on profit?
• Have you seen a correlation between profit and impact?
• What role has generosity played in your life?
“If you can’t turn those sales into profits and those profits into cash, then why are we doing what we’re doing?”
“Most people think that they’re business owners, but their business owns them.”
“People know what to do. They just can’t figure out how to get it done.”
“Knowledge is not power. Correct knowledge applied properly is power.”
“We don’t want to admit that the problem might be us.”
“You need to make money so you can give it away.”
“I want to know that I had a hand in the psychology, the process and the actions of an individual.”
“Wealth is a byproduct of a value provided to the marketplace.”
Thor Conklin is a business owner, author, Consultant and content-driven podcaster. As an entrepreneur, the first company Thor created was a global risk management consulting firm in 1999 that served the private equity community. His top 15 clients had a combined revenue of $8.7 billion USD and operated in over 100 countries worldwide. Since that time he has bought and sold several multi-million dollar businesses making him a sought after, cross-industrial resource for entrepreneurs and executives in all stages of business.
Thor has a talent for slicing through the noise of everyday distractions and bringing his audience intellectual commodities like his:“Ultimate Success Map,” a simplistic, easy-to- follow guide for individuals who need to break through to the next level of achievement and get the absolute most, not just from their business, but, from their lives.
Thor is gritty, experienced and accessible as he brings to bear what holds people back from realizing their full potential. Through his latest venture, Peak Performance Nation, he teaches the tools, tips, tricks and strategies necessary to be a Peak Performer. He qualifies the psychology of success in one word: “Execution!” “Nothing you’ve learned matters – unless you can EXECUTE!”
Thor Conklin serves as a professional mentor and facilitator of small entrepreneur groups within Atlanta’s Entrepreneur’s Organization (EO) where he is also Chair, Emeritus of the Learning Program. He is a Senior Leader within the Tony Robbins Organization and has been for the last 14 years.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- How Thor used his job as caddie when he was younger to learn about business
- How Thor became a senior leader within the Tony Robbins Organization
- Why a morning ritual is part of most successful people’s lives
- What work/life balance means to Thor
- How PEAK Performance is able to help you – Profitability, Execution, Accountability and Knowledge
- Why execution and accountability trump knowledge
- What components make up Thor’s Ultimate Success Map
- Why it’s so important to find someone that you pay to hold you accountable
- Tips to help stop limiting beliefs
- Thor’s views on profit
- That there is no honor in trying to do things alone
SPECIAL OFFER: Is something getting in your way or do you have a problem you need help solving? Drop Thor a line, 50 words or less, telling him about it and he’ll personally get back to you with a four-step process to either improve or completely eliminate the problem.
- Email him directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org