After having a conversation with my guest, Craig Ballantyne, it’s hard to believe that he once struggled with crippling anxiety despite living “the life.” It’s what he likes to call the “paradox of freedom.” He had the freedom, but was still trapped when it came to having panic attacks. Sometimes his attacks came out of nowhere and other times they were predictable (drinking excessive amounts of caffeine or alcohol). He knew it was time to do something about them, however, when he had an anxiety attack for nearly six weeks straight.
Having since gotten a handle around his anxiety, Craig now enjoys sharing his story to help others work through theirs. And because we talk a lot about gratitude in this podcast, I love that one of his biggest tips is practicing gratitude and helping others daily.
Craig’s transparency in this interview is invaluable and I hope that if you or someone you know suffer from anxiety that you discover some helpful tools to help you control them moving forward.
• What was your upbringing like and how did it lead to your success and the epic knowledge you have today?
• What did you do to overcome your anxiety/panic attacks?
• Have you seen a trend among your clients of anxiety holding them back?
• How have you done well in both personal training and business?
• What is The Perfect Day Formula?
• Do you find that you have clients who sacrifice happiness at home for a thriving business?
• What would be better to start with – your book or The Perfect Day Kit?
• What role has generosity played in your success?
• What is one of your all-time favorite moments of giving?
• And more…
“Everything is a learnable skill.”
“At the root of anxiety is self-doubt.”
“Admitting a weakness is a strength.”
“It wasn’t the law of attraction; it was the law of action attraction.”
“You can attract great opportunity into life when you do the work.”
“Control what you can. Cope with what you can’t. Concentrate on what counts.”
“When your actions are misaligned with your goals it causes internal stress in us.”
“If you want to do great things, you have to do fewer things.”
Author, trainer and coach, Craig Ballantyne is a Productivity & Success Transformation Coach from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He is the author of The Perfect Day Formula: How to Own the Day and Control Your Life — and his brand-new book, The Great Cardio Myth, debunks all the untruths you’ve been told about cardio being a silver bullet for weight loss and heart health.
Craig has been a contributor to Men’s Health magazine since 2000, and his articles have also appeared in Women’s Health, Oxygen, GQ, Maxim, National Geographic, Men’s Fitness and Muscle and Fitness Hers, amongst many others. His articles have also been featured on Inc.com, LifeHacker.com, and Telegraph.co.uk.
In 2001, he created the popular home workout program, Turbulence Training, and in 2013 he created the Home Workout Revolution bodyweight exercise program. Over 100,000 men and women have used his 6 Minutes to Skinny weight loss system since 2014.
Craig is also the founder of the Certified Turbulence Training Program, certifying trainers from all corners of the globe. He holds an annual Turbulence Training Summit for fitness experts to become better trainers and get more clients so they make more money and live the Perfect Life.
Craig has had to overcome many obstacles on his journey to success, and his toughest battle was fighting crippling anxiety attacks. He finally discovered how to beat them with his 5 Pillars of Transformation, and today Craig shows men and women how to use the 5 Pillars to do everything from losing 10 to 75 pounds, getting a raise and making more money, to finding the love of their life, and overcoming any obstacle in the way of success.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- How Craig overcame his struggle with anxiety and panic attacks
- Why anxiety is like a black box
- How gratitude, generosity and helping others has aided Craig in coping with anxiety
- Why we shouldn’t suffer in silence
- The importance of having good mentors
- Why you must figure out what moves you ahead toward your legacy in life – professionally and personally
- How the Three Cs help you establish rules for your life
- How your values drive anything you do
- Why it’s essential to prioritize your values
- And so much more…
- Email: email@example.com
- IG: @realcraigballantyne
- Twitter: @realcraigballantyne